Delicious strongly flavoured sandwich bread variation
One day one of my girls told me “I’ve got the most amazing bread recipe!” I thought, that’s nice…
I’ve got three teenage daughters that make bread at home. I’ve made bread, my wife has made bread. It really would take something to impress us. Each of us has tried different recipes.
Well, nothing prepared us for the smoothness of this sandwich bread, even when half the bread is freshly milled/ground wheat.
Sandwich Bread recipe example from DailyDishRecipes.com not a bit crumbly!
Another variation of this recipe is plaiting it
Make a snake shape with the dough and season to taste by choosing from one of two methods.
- Spread lightly heated Virgin Coconut Oil on the tray (try Sea Breeze from Tonga Virgin Coconut Oil). Then scatter Billies Seasoned Garlic on top. Then roll the dough snake, then plait.
- Plait the bread dough snake. Pour and paste Virgin Coconut Oil on top (try Sea Breeze from Tonga Virgin Coconut Oil). Scatter Billies Seasoned Garlic on top.
Let’s see what that might look like.
A third variation of this recipe is a cheese garlic and salt flavoured scroll
- Make a snake shape with the dough and season to taste by choosing from one of two methods
- Spread lightly heated Virgin Coconut Oil on the tray (try Sea Breeze from Tonga Virgin Coconut Oil)
- Scatter Billies Seasoned Garlic + cheese on top
- Roll the dough snake
- Coil the snake up
Let’s see what it tastes like, then after you’ve watched this video, we’ll show you more about the bread recipe.
Take a close up look at the cheese, garlic and salt bun my daughter made with Billies Seasoned Garlic, and the impression it made on me!
Here is our version of the sandwich bread recipe ingredients
Nicole Cook of DailyDishRecipes.com
Nicole Smith from Daily Dish Receipes blog says this about her bread:
“Years and years ago, we found this sandwich bread recipe and we have never looked back. We usually bake several loaves in one day and just freeze them, but the bread at it’s freshest is like nothing I’ve ever eaten before.”
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 honey + 1 Tbs. coconut sugar
- 1 Tbs. dry active yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/4 cups of freshly milled wheat + 2 1/4 cups of [Eclipse] all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Tbs. Virgin Coconut Oil, softened
Take the time to proof your yeast first. It works better.
Who wrote this short article?
Neil Smith, The Coconut Oil Shop Team
For more ideas become a day-camper! Join us at Camp Coconut!
If you want some more recipe ideas on how to make healthy goodies with Coconut Oil, then you’ll need to have a login to the free learning area at Camp Coconut! www.coconutoilshop.co.nz/camp-coconut
You should join us here at Camp Coconut!