Looking for a grain free porridge that uses a coconut product?
Quinoa is not a grain, it replaces oats in this porridge recipe.
What attracted me to this recipe was the idea of soaking the quinoa in coconut milk.
Here are the ingredients for this recipe.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon live culture addition, such as kombucha, raw apple cider vinegar, yogurt, kefir, etc.
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk Or Canned Coconut Cream from here.
- ½ cup water or C Coconut Water if you really want to.
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar ( or sweetener of choice)
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon, optional.
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional.
Take a look at the recipe now on The Nourishing Gourmet blog.
We look forward to hearing what you think of this recipe as the days grow longer, and the mornings grow colder. And if you want to know where to find this recipe next time you think of it, you can always join, and login to the free Camp Coconut learning centre, and get access to the recipe archive page.
Check it out by clicking on the red button below.