Coconut French Toast (That man can cook!) by A Spicy Perspective blog
Introducing – Sommer Collier, USA.
My husband is adorable. He is! It’s amazing how a person’s quirky little behaviors can develop into all the reasons you love them! Let me tell you about his kitchen habits.
Every now and again, he gets really creative when making breakfast for the family. He likes to experiment with egg dishes and french toast. We have had an occasional egg-disaster, but usually his breakfasts are quite good. A couple of weeks ago he came up with the idea of putting cayenne and coconut together in his french toast. Genius…I married a genius!
- 1 cup whole milk (if you have “Village Milk” nearby, you’d be blessed with better taste than treated milk)
- 4 eggs (do you know someone that keep chickens?)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tb. sugar (if you use Coconut Sugar you’ll get all the mineral benefits, and its low GI)
- ½ tsp. ground cayenne pepper (less if sensitive to heat)
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 ½ cups (sweetened) shredded coconut (we don’t recommend sweetened because you’ll love our RAW Organic Gold Sprinkle)
- Oil of frying, Sommer used her own coconut oil (we recommend fermented or unfermented Raw Virgin Coconut Oil).
- Pure Maple Syrup for serving
Learn more at the ASP blog site. http://www.aspicyperspective.com/2010/06/that-man-can-cook.html
For more ideas join us at Camp Coconut!
If you want some more recipe ideas on how to make with Coconut Oil, then you’ll need to have a login to the free learning area at Camp Coconut! www.coconutoilshop.co.nz/camp-coconut